- Make: AHP
- Model: Alpha TIG 200X
- Year: ??
- Description/Purpose: Two metals bits become one.
- Dimensions: Big x Tall
- Weight: ~ 50 lbs
- Lanthanated and pure tungsten available in 3/32. Lanthanted also available in 1/16. Mild steel and aluminum filler wire available in 3/32 and 1/16.
- Multiple sizes of gas cup.
- Stick electrodes and clamp available.
- Use only 100% argon gas.
- Gas lens kit installed and available in many tungsten electrode sizes.
- Apply PPE.
- Plug in torch and work clamp into appropriate terminals for your operation. Plug in foot pedal for TIG.
- For TIG, open the gas cylinder valve slowly and completely until the valve stops at maximum “open.” Ensure at least 100PSI in cylinder.
- Power on using the blue switch on the back of the chassis. For TIG, set CFH on flow regulator to (rule of thumb) 2x the cup size # on your torch.
- Install sharp and clean tungsten, attach work clamp, knob in the correct settings, go.
- Big note: The AC balance knob selects the % time spent in electrode positive state. It’s unlikely you’d set this higher than 40%. This is an inversion of what TIG operators of other machines may expect.
If any of that wasn’t crystal clear, don’t touch until you attend training.
- Power off, unplug.
- Close the dang cylinder. Gas is money.
- Clean and sharpen all the tungsten you used.
- Neatly store cables and relevant welding tools on cart.
- Tuck TIG away and sing it a lullaby.
[file: userManual.pdf] Additional Reading Link