We use LightBurn software to control the laser. You can design vector art directly within LightBurn or import any other vector/raster art and set speed/power settings for each layer of your job. Check out the tutorials page on their website for general use.
LightBurn is installed on on the computer by the laser cutter.
Installing and Configuring
When you first install LightBurn it will prompt you to connect to a laser to get through first time setup. You need to trick it. Things may look slightly different from these instructions which were done after first time setup. These settings can always be changed later from the Devices tab.
- Click “Create Manually” for configuring vs detecting laser.
- Select Rudia Controller
- “How do you want to connect?” choose Serial/USB (you will never connect it)
- Name the device whatever.
- Dimensions: X-Axis = 900mm, Y-Axis = 600mm
- “Origin of your laser” = Rear Right
- You’re done with setup! Save files to a flash drive and bring them in.