|Slack Channel: #help-woodworking
In person training and sign off required. Training typically takes 10-20 min. We try schedule and teach table saw, jointer, planer all at once. See table saw wiki page for details on requesting training.
- When to use planer and basic principles – requires a first flat face on bottom!
- The dangerous spinning bits, kick back, keeping your fingers away, never push wood through
- Knowing when your face is flat
- Cover entire Operation Section
- Instructor demo proper technique of setting up machine and sending a piece of wood through the planer
- Trainee demonstrates technique by putting wood piece through planer
- Trainers: Sign off trainee using the Slack command /membership > equipment authorization
- Connecting dust collection
- No nails in your wood – damages the blades!
- Left lock knob limits height. Never force height wheel!
- Adjust the speed for rough/finishing only when machine is running
- Find initial height by putting material under and using wheel until gauge moves
- Set initial height to take off MAX 1/32″ and do multiple passes – similar to the jointer, the machine gauge saying it will take of 1/8″ is a complete lie
- Feeding wood – always let auto feed grab wood. Never push through.
- Turn wheel MAX quarter turn for each pass
Shutdown & Cleanup
Someone built a sled/jig for uneven faces for using this as a 12″ jointer.
Blades need to be sharpened and replaced?
Files & Resources
This section is for links to things like: